Sponsor: ISM- Delaware and DuPont
Program Description: To successfully grow and utilize suppliers in key markets, multinational companies (MNCs) need to develop appropriate strategies and tactics tailored to the local market yet consistent with overall corporate goals and guidelines. This requires detailed insights into local industries, customers, competitors, supply chains, government agencies and regulations, risks, and key success factors. We are honored Bruce Deckman, President of SAI Industrial (SAI), will help us build knowledge and skills in this area. SAI, a leading international business research firm with operations in United States, Europe, Japan, China, India, Latin America, Russia and other countries globally, has provided a powerful array of business research services to many of the world’s largest and most successful corporations as well as to financial institutions, trade associations and government agencies. Since its founding in 1977, SAI has conducted hundreds of studies helping MNCs develop and grow their businesses globally, including in emerging markets. Drawing from this experience base, Bruce will provide:
- Examples where industry insights are essential, such as in market assessments and planning, cost and manufacturing analyses, analyzing potential sources of goods and/or services, sales and supply management pricing strategy and management, competitive intelligence and benchmarking, and customer intelligence
- A brief review of:
- Reasons for expanding into emerging markets
- Issues addressed in a typical market entry study
- Typical challenges encountered
- A contrast of typical industry dynamics in emerging markets relative to traditional western markets and the subsequent impact on industry and business analysis
- Ethical means to obtain needed information
- Case studies profiling:
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Examples of how to gain competitive advantage
Following the presentation, Theo Hunte, Senior International Trade Specialist for the U.S. Commercial Service will speak of other learnings and resources. Panelists from other multinational organizations will join Bruce and Theo in a Q&A session.
Who Should Attend? This workshop is geared for business and supply management professionals seeking to learn how to understand industries and develop innovative business and supply options in traditional and emerging markets. For DuPont S&L participants, this is a VH offering for Supplier & Industry Knowledge. Participants will earn 3 CEH towards certification maintenance
974 Centre Road Wilmington DE 19807
Building 730, Conf Ctr Room 2378-2379.
Check in with the Receptionist in the Lobby.